FabIndia competitors: Established in 1960, FabIndia is a retail store selling handmade products like clothes, furniture, personal care, and ethnic products crafted by people in rural India. When it was established in 1960, fab India started exporting home furnishing products to other countries. Late the company started its first retail shop in Greater Kailash, New Delhi.
Currently, Fabindia Has More than 327 stores across India and 14 international stores. All the Products sold by Fabindia are sourced from the artisans and craftspersons of rural India. This initiative of getting products from local craftspeople across rural India not just encourages good craftsmanship but also promotes rural employment.
Fabindia is one of the oldest companies in India promoting the diverse craft traditions of India through its Different Products. However, in past few years, many other Brands have also entered this Niche. Let Us see the top Five FabIndia competitors & Alternatives in India.
Top 5 Fab India Competitors in India
[table id=22 /]
1. Okhai: Okhai is a non-profit organization working with women in rural India and Providing them Employment. Okhai was Established in the year 1996 by the Tata Chemicals Society for Rural Development to support the artists in Gujarat’s Okhamandal region.
Okhai offers handcrafted apparel and lifestyle products made by women Handcraft artists from all over rural India and makes them self-independent. Okhai with the support of TCSRD and SHGs Has Trained More than 2300 rural craftspeople with costing, designs, visual merchandising, and lifestyle products to make them self-independent.
All the Artisans associated with Okhai earn Rs 500 to Rs 16,000, depending upon how many hours of work they Put in to make these handcrafted products.
Both the Brands, Okhai and Fabindia are empowering Local Artists across India and keeping India’s traditional handicrafts alive. With Similar Products and initiatives, Okhai is one of the Biggest FabIndia competitors in India.
2. Good Earth: Founded by Anita Lal in 1996, Good earth is one of the oldest luxury retail brands in India. Anita Lal who is the founder of Good Earth Believed in making a brand that blends luxury with Authentic Indian Designs.
Most of the Products including Clothing and Jewelry sold on Good Earth’s Website in Handcrafted which is connected to nature, history, and heritage.
Good Earth has been competing with FabIndia for a very long Time. In contrast, FabIndia o put more emphasis on supporting artists from rural areas of the Country. Whereas, Good Earth is trying to keep the Indian heritage and Culture Alive with art in their Clothing and Jewelry Line.
3. Bastar Craft House: Based out of Jagdalpur, Chhattisgarh, Bastar Craft House is an Ecommerce Store That curates the finest handicrafts from the Local Artisians of Bastar. Founded in the year 2022, Bastar craft House promotes and preserves traditional crafts Like dhokra art and Bastar tribal art.
Bastar Craft House works with Local Craftsmen of Bastar who are experts in a wide range of Crafts which includes Brass and Bell-metal work, Paintings, and the World Famous Bastar Wooden Art. Behind Every product sold on the Bastar Craft House’s Website, there is a Story of the talented artisan of Bastar.
4. Cbazaar: Cbazaar is an Indian eCommerce brand established in the year 1998 By Rajesh Nahar and Ritesh Katariya. Pioneer in Indian Ethnic Wear, Cbazaar offers some of the best timeless Indian wear, designer wear, party wear, and everyday fashion.
From Designer Lehenga to Designer Kurtis and Salwar Kameez, Cbazaar Has a collection of over 16,000 exquisite designs for men and women. With the Mission to become the biggest Online Indian Ethnic wear store, Cbazaar is one of the Major FabIndia competitors in India.
5. The Indian Ethnic Co: Founded by the mother-daughter duo, The Indian Ethnic Co offers You some of the best Indian handmade clothing. It all began in 2016 when Hetal & Lekhinee Desai decided to sell their Indian handloom and handicrafts products through Social Media.
Hetal & Lekhinee Desai both are trained classical Odissi dancers. As a result, they got the idea of promoting their brand through dance marketing on social media platforms like Instagram and Facebook. The First ever reel Posted on Instagram went viral and got over 1 Million views.
Within 2 years of starting their Business, The Indian Ethnic Co generated revenue of more than 1 crore. Currently, The Indian Ethnic Co operates 3 offices in Mumbai with 25 working Staff.
The business that started just with the passion of doing something different, The Indian Ethnic Co Has become one of the fastest-growing Ethnic wear Brands in India. Read the Journey of The Indian Ethnic Co Here.
6. Tjori: With the aim to promote Indian Handcrafted Products, Tjori is an ethnic brand that is working with local craftsmen and artisans. Established in the year 2013, Tjori has a diverse portfolio of products which includes apparel, Jewellery, Wellness, Home, Footwear, and other fashion Accessories.
Working towards establishing itself as India’s best lifestyle Brand of India, Tjori is inspired by the story of Zara. Starting with the Initial investment of 10 Lakh rupees, Tjori Currently Has a turnover of more than 50 crores.
With the Goal of making Tjori a Global Brand, Apart from India, Tjori ships its products to more than 195 countries including North America, Australia, and Singapore.
FAQ ( FabIndia Competitors)
Which is Fabindia Parent Company?
Fabindia Overseas Private Limited.
Is Okhai genuine?
Yes, 100%, Okhai is a genuine Brand.
Who started okhai and When?
Tata Chemicals Society for Rural Development in 2008.
Is fabindia an ethical brand?
Yes, fabindia is an ethical brand
How is Fabindia different from other brands?
Fabindia Sources all its Products crafted by people in rural India. They are not just Promoting Indian handcrafted Products but also supporting more than 40,000 Local artisans across the country.
What is the tagline of Fabindia?
Fabindia – Celebrate India
Who is the target audience of FabIndia?
People who are interested in buying Indian handcrafted Products.
Is fabindia shipping products to Canada?
Yes, Fabindia has a worldwide Delivery option. All the Fabindia Products are being shipped internationally from Their warehouse in New Delhi, India.
The handcraft & handloom Industry has been the backbone of Indian India’s rural economy for Years. This sector is one of the Largest employment generators in Rural Areas. The Indian handcraft Industry functions on a self-sustaining business model.
According to a report by the Indian government, India has exported Rs. 25,706.3 crores of handcrafts to Other countries Like the UK, the USA, Germany, France, and Australia.
However, With the Artisans facing Multiple Challenges Like Funds, Lack of technology, and Poor Marketing, Brands Like Fabindia are Actively working to Help and Support these Artists.
With the Increase in Demand for Handcrafted Products Across the world, many Indian Brands have stepped forward to Utilize this opportunity to Promote Indian Culture.
We hope You find this article helpful Know more about the top 5 FabIndia competitors & Alternatives. Which is Your Favorite Indian handcraft Brand? tell in the Comment section Below. Make sure to also read about the Top 10 Mamaearth competitors in India & Best organic brands in India in 2022.