Online search is the first choice for every query these days. People spend a considerable amount of time searching various things on Google. So, whenever a person needs the services of any lawyer, his first action is to search online for a reputable law firm.
A survey reveals that over 60% of people use online searches to choose a better law firm. Google shows the online search result in order of popularity and relevance of the law firm. Most likely, people will select one of the top-ranking law firms from these results. That means if a law firm desires to get maximum attention on web search results, it should strive to improve its ranking. Ideally, you want to see your law firm in the top 10 positions.
There may be hundreds of law firms operating in your area. Some of them deal with deadly cases like wrongful death lawyer’s provision. Others are divorce lawyers. In short, everyone wants to be on top. So the question is, how can you outrank your competitors? Let’s explore how it can be done.
How to improve your law firm’s ranking?
If you face tough competition in your operational area, you must improve your ranking on the search engine results pages. To outrank your competitors, you need to act aggressively and might have to invest more to achieve the desired results. Here are some useful suggestions that may help you.
- A search engine is a programmed web tool that facilitates users to search for any required information. Google and MSN are the most popular websites for online searches. Search Engine Optimization means optimizing a website to enhance its ranking and visibility on the SERPs (search engine results pages). So, if you want your law firm to be ranked in top positions, you must use this tool.
- Your aim is to outrank your competition law firms. Hence it is imperative to learn about them. Learn about their strengths and weaknesses. Carefully study their work, especially their web pages. Once you have a complete insight into their strengths and weaknesses, you can only plan your strategies to outrank them. But do remember, it is not a one-time activity. Keep in mind that they are also studying your strategies. So it’s a continuous process.
- The landing page plays a vital role in your ranking. Make sure that it opens instantly when someone clicks on the given link. Your landing page must be user-friendly and attractive and have precise and correct information.
- Research your area of operation and explore what type of legal services are most commonly required by the clients. Most people like hiring a law firm specializing in a particular legal matter. Introduce yourself with your area of specialization. You might have to get a couple of specialist lawyers on board if required.
- The most important factor is the content posted on your website. Make it a habit to update the content regularly. Each time you update the content, it triggers the search engine, which helps improve your ranking on the web search.
- Regularly post blogs on your website relating to legal matters. Every time a blog is posted or updated on your site, another index page is created, which is a good activity for search engine optimization.
- Include more internal and external links on your site. Internal links get the immediate attention of your readers. The search engine gets triggered whenever anyone opens these links. External links should redirect the visitors to reliable and authenticated websites such as Government Organizations.
- SEO backlinks are very important. Backlinks redirect the users to another relevant website. It’s a sort of confidence-building measure amongst the websites. Try to get more and more backlinks from other websites. The more backlinks your website gets, the more your chance to be noticed on web searches. You can exchange backlinks with law firms that are not directly competing with you. You can get your law firm added to the web directories. You can also use social media platforms to get more backlinks. Guest blogs are another useful way of getting more backlinks. You must invest some money in guest blogging.
- Optimize your page’s loading speed. Slow-loading pages are often neglected by people. Make sure that your website loads instantly.
- Ensure that your web page can be readable on mobile phones. Regularly test your page on Android and iPhones to see if it is easily readable.
- Keywords are of much importance in web searches. Add relevant and popular keywords to your page. Being a law firm, the keywords must be relevant to legal matters. You may conduct research on this important aspect. See what words people often use to search for legal assistance. Include these keywords prudently. This goes a long way in search engine optimization. Remember, keywords should not be used excessively. Don’t add too many keywords, and don’t repeat the keywords; use them once or twice.
- On-page SEO is another useful tool to enhance your law firm’s ranking. It includes optimization of your web page to make it more relevant and visible. Upload more relevant videos and images that promote your law firm. Consider improving the headings and subheadings on your page. Complete contact information on your web page makes it more authentic and trustworthy in search optimization. Include office telephone numbers with hours when they are attended.
- Local SEO can also help improve your ranking in your local community. Most people like to hire the services of a law firm based in their city so they can easily approach you personally. Try to get more local reviews. It helps improve local SEO. A positive review may get you a reasonable clientage. But never rely on fake reviews; these can be detected by the search engine.
Getting a top rank in Search Engine Result Pages (SERPs) is key to getting more clients for your law firm. You are in competition with hundreds of other law firms that operate in the same locality as yours. The tough competition needs a well-crafted action plan to get your firm on top in every web search.
Search engine optimization plays a key role in improving your ranking. You need to invest more in SEO to outrank your competitors. If you are going to do that, your competitors will outrank your firm. So it’s a matter of survival for your law firm. Don’t hesitate to invest in SEO to outrank your competitors, or they will do that.